Wednesday, April 25, 2012

From the Inside


     When I had chose this topic I had no idea how in depth I would be looking into one of my favorite television shows. From looking at it’a iconic status since it’s inception to picking apart the show and it’s judges, contemplating their hero or celebrity and realizing it’s formulaic processes. It’s as though I feel a bit more behind the scenes than I felt before. All the topics I’ve had to write about pretty heavily fit into every topic that we’d covered. 
     Applying formula’s to American Idol is what I feel I learned most from. I didn’t really understand what a formula meant; usually I think math. Though when I sat back and watched a few movies for one of my assignments I was able to see that there are always a lot of commonalities that are the foundation of the movie itself. Though each movie usually was different in its own right.
     Like I said, it’s as though I feel more behind the scenes now. More able to see the foundation of the show; the inner workings. I can see why they changed a few of the judges for the 10th season and why they work the same way each year. However obviously their variable primarily is the talent on the show. One year they can be pretty heavy in their country based singers and the next they can have more of the indie crowd. American Idol is like a bag of Skittles. While the bag is always the same you never know exactly what’s going to be inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment